What is Building Automation? What are the Benefits?
Building Automation HVAC (Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning), lighting, elevator, fire, alarm, security etc. It is the realization of monitoring-control and control of the systems in a system. Building automation systems work together with different disciplines.
Building automation has become widespread and a necessity with the gathering of devices and systems of different manufacturers into a single roof, developments in electronic technology and the spread of the Internet.
What is BACnet?
With building automation becoming increasingly widespread, manufacturing companies needed a common language. In 1987, ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers) developed this protocol to solve the integration problem and provide flexibility in building automation systems. Since 1995, BACnet has been used as a standard.
- BACnet is specially designed for building automation and control network.
- BACnet can be used in a wide range of applications, from a single building application to special applications using thousands of devices.
- BACnet users can securely expand and add without affecting the interoperability principle.
- It has been shown that BACnet can be safely integrated into the most reliable fire protection systems in both Europe and America.
- BACnet is supported by many chiller manufacturers.
- BACnet has been preferred in building automation applications in almost every region of the world from Antarctica to Germany.
- BACnet is a completely open system and is constantly supported by the industry.
What are the Benefits of Building Automation Systems?
- All installations can be monitored and controlled from a single center.
- Energy and lighting efficiency is provided.
- Personnel-related errors are minimized.
- Operating costs are reduced.
- Maximum savings.
- Adaptation to changing conditions is ensured as soon as possible.
- Manpower savings are provided. Labor cost decreases.
- Preventive maintenance activities take place. Oil, filter change etc. Since periodic maintenance activities will be easily planned and implemented, the life of the devices and the system is extended.
- Considering the working hours of the main devices with the backup devices, it can be provided to change at any time.
- If electricity is cut off and returned, the devices that draw high current are reactivated gradually. Thus, overloading is prevented.