Using WAGO Remote IO with Different Brands | First part
WAGO offers an automation system that supports different bus structures in terms of diversity and you can use easily under many PLCs. As an example, if we talk about Remote IO systems that you can use with Siemens;
- ProfiNet: It is a bus structure developed by Siemens that is used by many companies today. By installing GSD files under Siemens PLC with WAGO 750-340 and 750-370, 750-375, 750-377 series, you can easily enable Remote IO communication.
- ProfiBus: It is one of the bus structures widely used in the automation industry. You can operate WAGO 750-333, 750-331, 750-303, 750-343 series under Siemens as Remote IO.
Sample Application | Profinet
You can find the steps of adding WAGO 750-340 series in Siemens PLC HW and how the communication settings are done in the example below.
- Siemens CPU315F-2 PN / DP Processor / PROFINET Scanner
- Siemens SIMATIC Manager STEP 7, Version V5.3 + SP3, Rev K126.96.36.199
- Gsdml-v2.0-wago-series750_753-20070115.xml (PROFINET GSD File)
- WAGO 750-340 PROFINET Coupler
- 750-402 4Ch 24VDC Digital Input Module (4 Bit Digital Input)
- 750-504 4Ch 24VDC Digital Output Module (4 Bit Digital Output)
- 750-467 2Ch 0-10VDC Analog Input Module (2 Word Analog Input)
- 750-550 2Ch 0-10VDC Analog Output Module (2 Word Analog Output)
- 750-600 Terminator Module
- Configuring S7 PLC in Step 7 HW Configuration
- Uploading the WAGO 750-340 GSD file
- Step 7 Configuring WAGO 750-340 in HW-Configuration
- Assigning a Device Name to WAGO 750-340 in Step 7 HW Configuration
- Download S7 PLC HW configuration
- Testing WAGO 750-340 in online mode of Step 7 HW Configuration
Configuring S7 PLC in Step 7 HW Configuration
In this section, Siemens CPU315F-2 PN / DP Processor / PROFINET Scanner STEP 7 HW-Configuration has been added. PROFINET scanner is assigned An IP address and PROFINET subdirectory are created.
Launch Simatic Maneger and open a new project.
Enter the name of the new project in the dialog box.
Ex: S7_PN AppNote
Right-click the project name and choose Insert New Object> SIMATIC. From the menu list, the Simatic 300 Station will appear as shown below.
Right click on SIMATIC 300 (1) and select Open Object.
In HWCONFIG window is displayed. Select the menu command Insert> Insert Object.
Select SIMATIC 300> RACK-300> Rail from the list.
An empty table appears on the screen. The components of the local PLC should be added to the grids in this table.
Right click on Slot 2 and select Add Object option. Then choose your model and CPU.
The dialog box that displays the properties is displayed to define the Ethernet interface. Enter your IP address and Subnet Mask. Click “New” when you finish this process.
A new feature window opens to define the new Subnet Mask. Enter a name in your Profinet network and press the “Ok” key. A second feature window will open.
S7 PLC and ProfiBus Scanner Step 7 are configured in HW-Configuration. Simatic Manager will be displayed on screen similar to the image below.